Welcome to NSU's School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS)! For over 25 years SHSS has distinguished itself nationally and globally through its academic programs and community engagement initiatives on and off campus. We are committed to inclusive excellence, learner-centeredness, social responsibility, and reflective practice. It is exciting that we are coming together with colleagues, students, and alumni across the entire campuses to become One NSU to realize Vision 2020. By partnering with our sister units and community agencies, there are more and more creative opportunities for cross-disciplinary learning, research, and practice.
News and Events
- CNN Ranks Marriage & Family Therapists in Top 50 Best Jobs in America
- SHSS is Celebrating 25 Years
- SHSS hosts Family Violence Workshop Series
- SHSS Students and Alum Participate at NASPA FLA Conference and Place Third in Case Study Competition
- SHSS Faculty, Alum and Doctoral Students Present at AAMF Conference in Fort Worth, TX
- SHSS Alum and Fulbright Scholar is Named State Level Security Advisor in South Sudan
- SHSS Faculty Named to the Board of Health Foundation of South Florida
- SHSS Launches New Program: M.S. in National Security Affairs
- Fulbright Scholars and Students at SHSS
Graduate Certificate in Solution Focused Coaching
The Graduate Certificate in Solution Focused Coaching is a 15 credit hour program (five courses) designed for those seeking a career as professional personal coaches. As an alternative to psychotherapy, Coaching is a growing field in the U.S. and the second fastest growing profession in Canada. Professions in the field include life coaching, career coaching, college coaching and health and wellness coaching. This program is an excellent fit with our nationally and internationally known Family Therapy program, because of the brief, goal-oriented nature of personal coaching.
Graduate Certificate in National Security Affairs
The Graduate Certificate in National Security Affairs is a 15 credit hour program that consists of five courses. It is one of the fastest growing professions with positions open in the public sector in the federal, state and local governments and in the private sector. This program focuses on building the critical analytical skills graduates need to succeed professionally in the field of National Security Affairs. The ability to critically analyze intelligence information, historical and contemporary issues informing the field, and to perform textual analyses, defines the program core’s most important learning outcomes.