Welcome to NSU's Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS)! SHSS has distinguished itself nationally and internationally through its academic programs and community engagement initiatives. We are committed to academic excellence, learner-centered approaches, student success, social responsibility, reflective practice, and cultural diversity. It is exciting that we have come together with colleagues, students and alumni from the Center for Psychological Studies, the Mailman Segal Center for Human Development, the Criminal Justice Institute, and the Human Services Unit to form the Division of Applied Interdisciplinary Studies. By partnering we have more collaborative and creative opportunities for cross-disciplinary learning, research and practice.
News and Events
- CNN Ranks Marriage & Family Therapists in Top 50 Best Jobs in America
- SHSS is Celebrating 25 Years
- SHSS hosts Family Violence Workshop Series
- SHSS Students and Alum Participate at NASPA FLA Conference and Place Third in Case Study Competition
- SHSS Faculty, Alum and Doctoral Students Present at AAMF Conference in Fort Worth, TX
- SHSS Alum and Fulbright Scholar is Named State Level Security Advisor in South Sudan
- SHSS Faculty Named to the Board of Health Foundation of South Florida
- SHSS Launches New Program: M.S. in National Security Affairs
- Fulbright Scholars and Students at SHSS
Qualitative Research Graduate Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Qualitative Research consists of six three-credit hour online courses (18 credit hours) designed to prepare academics, professional research consultants, and graduate students to understand a variety of qualitative research approaches and to conduct qualitative research studies.